Thursday, April 22, 2010

Spousal Siblings

Today, Dan L. came in regarding a job at the Front Desk. During the course of our discussion, he told me the long story about his family. I thought it was really sweet that he was taking the time to share that kind of personal information with me. At one point, he referred to his wife as his "sibling." I had a hard time not laughing, and was certain that it was a simple mistake.

However, later, he and I were chatting with Becky about scheduling and he mentioned that his multiple medical conditions require time off for doctor's visits. He went on to tell us that he has some severe psychological issues that relate to problems he and his wife have had in the past that have resulted in multiple separations.

Neither Becky nor I blinked an eye at this, but soon after he left, we talked about it and Becky thinks those psychological issues COULD be related to his unique relationship with his wife (sister). Of course, this is all speculation, but based on the information we received.... seems like a possibility, no?

I do find it interesting that people are willing to share this kind of information with us, especially given the seemingly common perception that museum people are boring (and probably not exposed to drama regularly)!

2 comments:

  1. A genealogy nightmare! I think this means I will get nothing done on Friday mornings. I have a strange feeling we are all going to discover his psychological issues all on our own!

    ReplyDelete
  2. do they have children?....bc i have a teen that is dating their cousin

    ReplyDelete