Monday, April 19, 2010

Bringing a bit of sexiness to Brookside

Today Shannon started working here, to fulfill her community service obligation. She's a young girl, pretty, wore pajama pants on her first day, but whatever.

She mentioned that she worked until 3am last night, and I said, "Oh, where do you work?", then immediately mentally slapped myself, thinking, "God, Becky, she's probably a stripper or something."
Shannon goes, "Double Vision, the strip club. I'm a bartender."
She said this right in front of Julie. Julie, God bless her, didn't even bat an eye.

I think Shannon had me pegged as a nerdy museum girl so I knocked her socks off when I said, "Oh, yeah, I know the owner, Matt. What a sweetheart!"
(For those of you worried that I may have a sordid past, Matt is a regular at The Wishing Well.)

8 comments:

  1. ha ha. And for those who are wondering WHY she is doing community service.... she was recently charged with making a false statement to police after her boyfriend beat the shit out of her!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait for Friday! I hope she works that day. I love to meet "interesting" people. She must be at least 21 to even be in the club. Maybe I'll see her around the neighborhood!

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha...how do you make a false statement after bf beats the crap out of you....and Joan when you say "neighborhood"..does that mean you go to Double Vision as well?haha....I work there on Thursdays, Ive never seen you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ha...oh yeah,..its how i pay for happy hour

    ReplyDelete
  5. Museum people are soooooo NOT the museum people I thought they would be way back when...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I thought I saw you going in there one night, Ash...I only go as a paying customer - maybe I'll catch your act some Thursday. I AM JOKING ALL OF YOU RUMOR HOUNDS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Joan, GOOD thing you added that caveat, I was seeing you in a new light! ;)

    ReplyDelete