Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Solemn Wedding Turns into Kissing Game

Dan, the man who is married to his sister (see previous post), was tasked with sorting through some newspaper articles and filing them today. At one point, he found an article interesting and called to me from the desk... "Hey, have you heard about this flamin' ball?"
Flamen Ball was the son of Eliphalet Ball, the man whom this village is named for, and the article, titled the same as this post, was about Flamen kissing his bride too much during their wedding.
I tried to keep a straight face as Dan said flamin' ball this, flamin' ball that. Wasn't easy.
And of course, he saw no humor in it, which made it even better.

2 comments:

  1. Ah, the flamin' ball story...I spent many minutes giggling hysterically over it. I don't think I could have kept a straight face myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why would they name him Flamen?...why not harry...any more talk of dans sister/wife?

    ReplyDelete